Monday, June 6, 2016

Guest Sunday Soup: Chicken Tortilla Soup from Sunset Magazine

Here's my soup!!!

Name: Chicken Tortilla Soup from Sunset Magazine

Original Recipe From: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/tortilla-soup-4

The Story: I made this years ago & got from the magazine. This year, I was looking for a good Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe online & remembered this one - but no longer had it! I searched for it & was so happy to have found it again online!! πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ
A few slight deviations this time:
- I used canned tomatoes w/ garlic (Italian style) by accident. It was still yummy.
- I used about 8 cups of regular broth (not low sodium). The rest I did use low sodium.
- I used a bit less than a TBSP of salt when adding seasonings.
- I used red chili flakes (not sure if that's the same thing as what's called for.)

Toppings we used:
-cilantro
- avocado (buy at Trader Joe's - 99 cents & always perfect!!)
- shredded Monterey Jack
- chips from Trader Joes (we love these- pictured)
- Plain Greek yogurt



In the past I have done these & it's still good:
- used lemons instead of limes - used a small can of tomato only
- I never make my own chips or strips :)
- cheddar is a good topping too
- La Vic's hot sauce if we have it, or any other hot sauce

Our thoughts: We love this soup! It's good year round. It isn't spicy unless you add a hot sauce. It's full of flavor even though it's quick to make. The kids love it & my mom in law enjoyed it too. It's really easy to make & one recipe will feed us (fam of 4) for @ least 2 meals.



This ones a keeper & I'm happy to share with Ryan & all of his soup fans!! Enjoy!

-Aimee Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment